Thursday, August 5, 2010

Variety Show

I promised myself, that in this new blog I will always be true and honest. Not because I think I will share every part of my life on the internet, but when I get that "awake in the middle of the night with something on my mind" feeling, I'm going to share that stuff as best as I can. Why? For two reasons. The first reason is somewhere between selfishness and humility, and it is because I think I have a really strange mind. Strange enough that you may all find it interesting or funny, and maybe even helpful or inspirational. The second reason is because I just can't be any other way. Honesty to the core. I can't hide that life is full of pain, I can't hide that I have given up a lot of things for a better relationship with God, I can't hide that I like tattoos and loud music. So I am going to share with everyone, as best I can, any truth I find in my everyday life as a woman, a wife, a rebel, a disciple, a student, a mom, a romantic, a realist, and a wife.
So expect to find some music here, some funny stuff, some free stuff, and hopefully you will cry once in a while (because I know how much women like a good cry).
Today I posted several things, just a random sampler and a "get to know ya".

                       
 The evils of time:

My breakfast a year ago:
My breakfast today:




The Waist



This is a picture from one of my favorite annimated shows, "Adventure Time". Her name is Trudy, the waist. I'm sure I will revisit body issues more than once here. Behold, Tudy... my waist.



Introducing the
God I worship... Hero Jesus?
Having a little trouble understanding why Jesus was such a "cool guy"? Follow the link to an article I found with a very different perspective on the man who was God. You will probably think differently about the weird soft colored Jesus portraits in your grandma's house.




1 comment:

  1. Mandi, I am so excited you are back to the blogging world. I have always loved how real you are and willing to put yourself out there so others can learn.

    I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feeback, tell us what's on you mind